Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Promises, Broken - Prelude

More then anything, I remember her face.

There’s not much left of the surroundings. The ground was hard (concrete?), I remember that much, and the air cold, leaving a slight sting in the air, both crisp and cumbersome. The sky, black with a few stars breaking through the cloud cover. Other than that though, not much remains. Except for her face. Her face, and her words.

Her eyes, light blue, the few rays of moonlight bouncing off them, quivered, threatening tears at a moment’s notice. Her nose, wrinkled cutely, but distressed. And her lips, red from the cold, quivering too, mouthing the words that I will never be able to shake, as long as I live.

“Don’t leave me. Promise me that you’ll never leave me.”

The rest is less clear in my head, as awful as that sounds. I held her, I’m sure of that, and I told her many things. That I loved her, that I would be there for her, that I would never leave. I lied.

And I’m sorry. So very sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home